Tuesday, September 23, 2014

At What Age?

My mother called me today. She told me some interesting news about my brother. She asked me, "At what age do kids start getting interested into the opposite sex?" That's a good question. I really didn't want to blog about this personal issue, but it got me thinking. What age would we consider now days? Is it different for boys and girls? Do boys experience things younger than girls or vice versa? I'm a girl. I know when I was a kid the only thing that interested me was school. Not until I was in high school did boys or sports interest me. For my fiancee (who is a boy) said he was interested in video games and sports growing up. When he got to the age of about nine-twelve is when he started getting interested in girls. So is getting interested in the opposite sex different for each person, race, or sex? I really don't know. From my gathered information it seems like it the answer would be yes. Not only on this issue is things different but other issues, such as, sports, video games, school, family, friends, and much more. I think based on our background, beliefs, and who we are in general all help decide what interests us. But does the media help too? I think the media plays a big part in what kids are interested in. The media puts things out there that makes kids think this is the cool thing to do, I'm interested. Now after their interested they start asking questions and are curious. I believe everything around a kid affects their interests, beliefs, and actions. The reason I was into school growing up is because I had parents who didn't finish school and always told me the importance of school. My beliefs are based on my past or childhood experiences. This is what shapes us. So the question is, at what age do things start interesting us? And why at this age is it interesting? Are we just trying to fit in? Or is it something more or less complex then this? Are we just trying to figure ourselves out, figure out who we want or need to be? All these questions I don't know, but I do know that each person is different. The only way you can find out the answer to these questions are if you ask the person themselves and sometimes even they don't know the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment