Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hitting It Hard!

The gym is my passion. Yesterday I hit the gym hard. My fiance didn't want to go to the gym since he had been welding since 3 am, but he went anyways. It was a blast. Some people hate going to the gym because they get sweaty, it's too hard, or it's just not their thing. But for me the gym opens my mind. It is my relaxing place as funny as that seems. It's the place where I put all my worries into my focus. I focus on my body and watch me push my body to its limit. I love just going to clear my head. When I come out of the gym it's like I'm a brand new person all over again. There are a couple of reasons I feel like this. One, I feel loose, no worries. Two, I feel strong and big. Like I can take on the world, whatever it may bring. Yesterday when I walked in, I had so much tension riding on my shoulders. One reason is, because my fiance and I had gotten in a bit of a tiff before arriving at the gym. The reason was because he didn't really want to go, BUT he didn't want to stay home by himself. Another reason is all this moving in a month puts stress on me. Plus taking so many credits right now is hectic. So when I went in yesterday I busted shoulders AND back out. Yeah you heard me. I did two muscle groups in under an hour, doing the same things I usually do. Usually shoulders take me an hour and back takes me an hour. When I left, I was drenched in sweat from head to toe. That's when you know you have just done something. In a way I felt clean and pure. Needless to say after the gym I went and broke my diet by eating at our favorite Chinese restaurant in town, Peking. Man was it amazing. When the first bite touched my tongue I felt in heaven. It took me about 5 minutes to eat my whole plate of food. After a workout like yesterday, I was ready to feed my body. Yesterdays workout was terrific, but today is going to be better. Can't wait, heading there now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you turned a stressful situation into a productive outcome. Good for you. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete