Monday, September 8, 2014

Know Your Audience Analysis



To get to know my audience I reviewed the questions posted in the discussion board from my classmates. Each person was unique in their own way. I believe all of us have different views on issues. My question was, “What are your goals after completing college?” Most people said they wanted to start working in the degree field they completed in college, get married, move, and start a family. This was expected, because most people in college are young and straight out of high school, but not all people. For most young adults these are their goals. Some people who responded, which I could tell were the older college students, said they were wanting to get a job that paid good money. Some of the other questions I read were interesting like, “What is your favorite season and why?” and “What is your favorite sport?” Many people posted under the seasons question saying they like fall, then the next was summer. This tells me that most people like the cool weather and colorful season rather than the blistering hot sun during the summer. The one thing that surprised me under this question was there were a few students who liked the winter, which there is nothing wrong with that, I just don’t prefer this season. Under the sport question many students said they liked football, soccer, and softball. I did notice a few people didn’t like sports though. This tells me that not everyone enjoys the same things in life. I expected there to be a few people that didn’t like sports along with many who did. The one sport I was surprised students liked was soccer and many/most students like this the most. I guess I didn’t realize how popular soccer was. Taking all this into consideration I think my writing will definitely be impacted by my audience. My audience seems to have knowledge on where they want to be in life and their ambitions/goals. Many of them like sports but not all. So an essay on sports may not appeal to all of my audience. Going through the discussion board and reading each students posts made me see my audience’s personality and what type of people I will be writing for. Knowing my audience is going to help with how I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment