Tuesday, September 16, 2014

College Life

Do you ever feel like all your time is consumed by homework or work? I do on a daily basis. College homework takes up 90% of my time. You have to spend at least 5 hours a day studying or working to keep up with the deadlines. It's not like the work is hard. That's not what takes up so much of the time. It is the amount of work each professor gives you. And if your taking four classes well then that's a lot of work. I'm one who stresses until the work is completed. So I like to get ahead start if I can or start as soon as they post the work. I'm not one to slack off or leave the work incomplete. I'm a perfectionist. I like things to be done neat and in a timely matter. But being a perfectionist in college is hard at times. It gives you a run for your money. Sometimes it is stressful. I know in the end I will thank myself and the professors for pushing me, but sometimes I ask myself why? Why am I doing this? Why do I care to push myself so hard? Why do I need an education? Why can't I just find a job? Then I think to myself, I know I'm better than just getting a job. I know I can do this. And I know it's the right thing to do. If I didn't I would feel like less than a person. I would feel down and dog on myself. I want to show my family and friends that anything is possible if you stick with it and keep your head on your shoulders. But do I have days that I ask myself why? Yes, many days. But does it discourage me from my goals or dreams? No. I also wonder how in the heck I do it sometimes. I work part time, go to school full time, and answer to my fiance. I sometimes wonder how in the heck I wake up the next day and do it all over again. But as always I remember I have God looking after me. I can do anything through him. But I don't give myself credit sometimes, because he isn't the only thing that helps. I do a lot to keep up with my daily life. I have strength and power to push myself. We all have our days in life where we just want to take a break and sleep all day. We all feel like why? But we all also keep doing it, because one we have to and two we are strong. So if your asking yourself is it worth all the time I put into it? The answer is yes. Look above the horizon, you'll be rewarded soon. Think positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment