Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Love Story



I thought I would tell you a little bit about my fiancée. We have a special relationship. We started dating our junior year of high school. We've been together for about 2 years now. Time flies when you’re having fun. He is my best friend and soul mate. I'll start off by telling you about how we met and how we've ended up where we are today. We met through his best friend Sam, aka my ex-boyfriend. Sam was living with Jon for 2 years before Sam and I started dating. Sam and I dated, but things did not work out for us. He was very abusive to say the least. Sam, Jon, and I usually hung out together, so after Sam and I broke up it felt weird not to hang out just all of us. I took things into my own hands and I emailed Jon through Facebook about 3 weeks after Sam and I broke up. I just wanted to see how Jon was. We emailed for a few days then exchanged numbers. We were texting for about 3 months as friends before we hung out. Jon and his friend and my friend and I hung out one day driving around. Jon and I continued to text after that night. Then about 3 weeks later after we hung out we made plans to hang out again, but this time just us. It was a Saturday night when we hung out. I came up to Monett where he lived and hung out with him and ended up staying the night with him. The next day I went home and we continued to text. We made time to come see each other now everyday even though we lived 45 minutes away from each other. 2 weeks after I stayed the night with him I was headed home from visiting him when I get a text message from him saying he wants to ask me something. He ended up asking me out and of course I said yes. It wasn't until a month later that I moved in with him and his parents. I started working in Monett and emailing my teachers my school work my senior year instead of going into school. By our senior year we had become really close, we'd been talking about getting engaged. We picked out a ring and ordered it, but he wasn't going to give it to me until the time was right. My birthday came and I didn't get it. I got a purse instead. So I thought maybe I'll get it for Christmas. Well before Christmas could come Jon gave it to me. The way he did it was he slipped it on my finger in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. I woke up the next morning with it on my hand and that is when he asked me to marry him. I of course said YES!! Fast forward to today and the love is still as powerful as it was before. I love this man with all my heart. He helps me in so many ways as I do him. He helps do the dishes, laundry, and sometimes clean. He is an amazing man! Sometimes when you least expect it things fall into place and that is what happened with us. I'm so blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. ITs amazing how that works isnt it? TIffany and I are the same way. We met in college, stayed friends for quite some time, then she blind sided me by asking me out. I was kind of afraid of asking her out because I figured it would ruin our friendship if things went bad - always looking at the glass half empty! Well, were we are two and a half years later still going strong. I help her clean and cook, she helps me work on the cars! Its pretty cool having a woman who likes to get dirty. Cheers to a long relationship!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete