Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What Does The Word Seizure Mean?

What does the word seizure mean? I quickly found out what seizure means on Monday night.  I've never had an episode like Monday. I'll take you back to the moment in which it happened. It was about 8 pm when I just finished my homework for that day. I was getting ready for bed and I had just gotten out of the shower. I just recently gauged my ears a few weeks before. As I got out of the shower I started to go down another size in my gauges. I got the first gauge in no problem, a little blood. Then I start on my next gauge. I have it half way in when I feel like I could faint. I yelled for my fiance to get me some sugar as I sat down on the toilet. The next thing I remember I was in the hallway eating frosted animal crackers, it's the only sweet thing in our house (diet freaks). My fiance tells me, "You were hanging over the side of the tub, twitching, making noises, and your eyes were rolling in the back of your head." As I was trying to get my vision back and listen to what had happened it seemed unbelievable. Did I really just have a seizure? I'm only 18 years old. How is this possible? Finally, I'm able to stand up and see straight. I make it towards the bed and lay down. As I lay down I can see the sweat rolling off my body. I'm still in shock. I start to feel better and decide to look up the symptoms of a seizure online. A few days prior to this incident I had been feeling a little nausea. As I was scrolling through the symptoms I came across something that said, "Some people know a seizure is going to happen hours or even days before it happens." One of the signs was nausea. Well I guess this explains everything. So what triggered my seizure? My diet? My obsessive desire to exercise? Me trying to go down a size in my gauges? I guess I will find out when I go to the doctor. Monday night I found out what the word seizure means. To me seizure means, scary, panic, & life threatening. What does seizure mean to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment